PSG get Liverpool answer in 'problematic' talks over forward deal
PSG get Liverpool answer in 'problematic' talks over forward deal Liverpool are desperately trying to add to their wide forward options before the transfer window closes on September 1. Ever since Mohamed Salah left on a free transfer Andoni Iraola’s squad has looked short of wingers - especially on the right side. It’s been suggested that Victor Munoz and Rio Ngumoha may have to switch over the the right-hand side in order to address the shortfall. But the ideal scenario will be to recruit at least one - if not two - widemen by the deadline. Liverpool chasing deals for Barcola and Mbaye It’s no secret that Bradley Barcola is the No1 name in the frame. Paris Saint-Germain are seeking around £145m for the 23-year-old France international. Barcola prefers to play on the left of the attack - an area where Liverpool are already quite stacked. But he can deliver quality and consistency from the right - although it’s been reported that Liverpool have got him marked down as a left-wing option. Even if Liverpool manage to find an agreement with the two-time European champions - by no means a guarantee at this stage - that deal still leaves the 204/25 Premier League winners short a natural right-sided option. No agreement reached with Mbaye Ibrahim Mbaye - another PSG star - has been suggested as a separate deal although making a move for the French-born Senegal international hasn’t proven easy. Liverpool sources have been at pains to suggest that no agreement has been reached with the 18-year-old over personal terms despite French reports suggesting negotiations had been concluded with the player. Right now it’s been stated that the Anfield side’s interest at this stage is merely “exploratory” and that any finalisation on this deal is a long way off. An added complication is now being reported by French source Fabrice Hawkins - who claims that a chase for Mbaye could well prove to be “problematic”. While he is optimistic that a deal for Barcola can be concluded before September 1 the Liverpool fate of Mbaye is far less set in stone. Complications over the asking price could ultimately mean Liverpool sporting director Richard Hughes steers clear of this deal. Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets Open an account and place a qualifying bet of £10 at min odds of 1/5 (1.2) or greater. 18+New UK/ROI customers. Min £5 deposit. Bet Credits available on settlement of qualifying bets, capped at £10 stake. Min odds 1/5 (1.20). Bet Credits expire in 7 days. Excl. Cashed Out/Free Bets/Boosted odds. T&Cs apply. GambleAware.org £30 FREE CLAIM NOW 18+Gambling can be addictive — please only bet what you can afford to lose. For free support visit BeGambleAware.org or call 0808 8020 133 (free, 24/7). Self-exclude at GAMSTOP.co.uk . AnfieldWatch is not a licensed betting operator. Offers subject to change. PSG's asking price complicates winger deal “I don’t dare say the price being asked by Paris Saint-Germain, firstly because I haven’t had confirmation, and when I do get confirmation, I will write it,” Hawkins told After Foot via Anfield Sector. “Ibrahim Mbaye has a contractual agreement with Liverpool. What’s really going to be a problem is the agreement between clubs because LFC are already negotiating for Barcola, who is their top priority, they really want to make it happen and I said, I think it’s going to go through. “That’s the feeling amongst everyone in the deal. Secondly, there’s Ibrahim Mbaye but PSG are asking for a substantial fee, and at the moment Liverpool aren’t ready to accept that. “Whilst they're sitting down negotiating with Barcola, they're saying ‘we will negotiate, we will find common ground’. For Ibrahim Mbaye, it’s a little bit more problematic but negotiations are still ongoing.” PSG are thought to be holding out for around £43m for Mbaye. Any interested clubs would be paying for potential - given his limited role under Luis Enrique. Mbaye however is highly rated by his original club - as evidenced by the fee being demanded. Following the arrivals of Mika Godts and Maghnes Akliouche - as well as Ferran Torres - the young sensation is now seen as surplus to requirements. Whether he ends up at Anfield right now is another matter altogether.
News Source : Yahoo Sports and Read the full article →






